Delaware Car & Truck Accident Law Library
Below you will find legal articles related to car, truck and pedestrian accidents in Delaware. The following articles are for information only. For legal advice about your specific situation, please contact our office. We have three offices in Delaware: Wilmington, Newark, and Dover.
- Filing an Insurance Claim After a Car Accident in Delaware When You’re Not at Fault – What to Know (October 02nd, 2017) Free legal info about filing an insurance claim for a car accident in Delaware when you’re not at fault. Info about medical benefits (PIP), property damage and third party liability (car accident lawsuits).
- Delaware Car Insurance Law Changes, Effective December 2017 (August 15th, 2017) Effective December 13, 2017, Delaware car insurance limits will be $25,000/$50,000 (up from $15,000/$30,000). This applies to all new policies as of December 13. For existing policies, the new limits will go into effect during renewal periods.
- Auto Accident Injuries Up in Delaware (August 07th, 2017) Auto accident injuries are up in Delaware. Our Delaware car accident injury lawyers take a look at the most recent traffic accident data.
- Delaware Truck Accident Injuries: Compensation for Injured Victims (July 27th, 2017) Legal info about Delaware truck accident victims’ rights to compensation, including PIP, medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
- Delaware Bicycle Roadway Laws – Riding Laws, Signal Laws and More (June 05th, 2017) A brief look at Delaware bicycle accident laws which are commonly at issue in auto-bicycle accident injury cases in Wilmington, Dover and Delaware. This post contains statutory text of bicycle riding laws, signal laws, and left hand turn laws.
- How to Get a Traffic Accident Report in Delaware, Wilmington, Dover, Newark, Middletown (April 12th, 2017) How to get a traffic accident report after a car, truck or pedestrian accident in Delaware, Wilmington, Dover, Newark, Middletown and the Delaware State Police.
- Pedestrian Accidents Increasing in Delaware (April 10th, 2017) Pedestrian accidents are increasing in Delaware, which actually ranks 1st in the nation for its fatal pedestrian accident rate (number of pedestrian accident deaths per 100,000).
- Drivers from Maryland, Pennsylvania or New Jersey – How Do Your Medical Bills Get Paid After an Auto Accident in Delaware? (February 10th, 2017) How do medical bills get paid for Maryland, Pennsylvania or New Jersey drivers who are injured in auto accidents in Delaware? Learn about personal injury protection benefits for out of state drivers.
- Delaware Car Accident Law – Medical Bills & Delaware’s Collateral Source Rule (January 10th, 2017) In a Delaware car accident lawsuit, the injured party can claim medical bills paid by a private health insurance company, Medicare or Medicaid. The collateral source rule applies for bills paid by private insurance only.
- Delaware Auto Injury Lawsuits – What Is the Duty to Mitigate Damages? (September 19th, 2016) In auto injury lawsuits in Delaware, the duty to mitigate damages often comes up. What is this duty and how does it apply in auto injury cases?
- Children, Teens & Bicycle Accidents in Delaware (August 04th, 2016) Every year, about 50 children and teens are injured in bicycle accidents in Delaware. Get info about bicycle accidents in Delaware. By our Wilmington, Delaware auto injury lawyers.
- Delaware Bicycle Accident Injuries – What Delaware Residents & Visitors Should Know About PIP Claims (July 12th, 2016) An explanation of Delaware bicycle-auto accident law and PIP claims after a bicycle accident in Delaware. Learn about what residents & visitors should know about getting medical bills paid after a bicycle accident.
- Delaware Car Accident Law – PIP Benefits & Eligibility, Recent Court Rules Against Ins. Co. (June 02nd, 2016) A look at Delaware car accident law, PIP eligibility. Last month, the Delaware Supreme Court ruled in favor of a student who was hit by a car just before boarding a school bus.
- Falling Asleep at the Wheel – Drowsy Driving & Auto Accidents in Delaware (May 20th, 2016) Falling asleep at the wheel or drowsy driving is a serious concern on Delaware roadways. Here, our DE auto accident lawyers look at the problem of tired driving.
- Delaware Auto Accident Law – Statute of Limitations for Bad Faith Claims (Failure to Settle) (March 14th, 2016) Delaware auto accident law update on the statute of limitations for bad faith claims against insurance companies. The Delaware Supreme Court rules on the statute of limitation for failing to settle a third-party auto claim.
Car & Truck Accident FAQs
- Delaware Truck Accident Q&A – Who pays for medical bills after a truck accident? (April 08th, 2014) Question: I was hit by a truck on a highway in Wilmington, DE and had to go to the hospital. Who pays for the medical bills? Answer: Under Delaware car insurance law, residents of Delaware who have car insurance policies issued in this state, receive PIP (personal injury protection) benefits under their own car insurance policies, ...
- I was a passenger in a car accident in Delaware. The driver of the car I was in was at fault. What are my legal rights? (August 27th, 2013) Answered by a Delaware car accident lawyer: Under Delaware car accident law, negligence principles apply to everyone, including people who drive others. Passengers are often injured when drivers engage in the following types of behavior: running a red light or stop sign, speeding, following too closely, careless driving, using or talking on a cell phone, and DUI/DWI. If a driver’s negligence causes an ...
- I’m a Pennsylvania resident and got into an accident in Delaware. Can I bring a claim against the other driver? (July 10th, 2013) Answered by a Delaware car & truck accident lawyer: Under Delaware car accident law, an individual injured in a car accident must show that the other driver was negligent and that such negligence caused damages (i.e., injuries and financial losses). So long as the other driver was at fault and caused the accident, out of state ...
- How do you determine fault in a Delaware car accident case? By a Delaware car accident lawyer. (June 05th, 2013) Answered by a Delaware car accident lawyer: In any car accident case in Delaware, there are many factors which come into play when determining negligence or who was at fault for causing the car accident. Whether it’s a car, truck or pedestrian accident, each case is unique, and determining fault will generally require assistance of ...
- How can I make a car accident claim in Delaware and get compensation for injury? (February 23rd, 2013) Answer: Under Delaware car and truck accident law, if you’re injured as a result of another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries. Generally, there are four kinds of claims you can make in a car accident case: medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering damages, and property damage. Medical Bills Because ...
Car & Truck Accident Legal News
- Delaware Residents Alert: Car, Truck & Motorcycle Accidents Spiked This Spring (April 24th, 2013) Delaware drivers – please drive carefully and defensively. There have been an unusual number of deadly car and motorcycle accidents in Delaware this Spring. You should always be on alert for other vehicles even when you know you have the right-of-way. You cannot assume that simply because you are being safe, another driver is being ...
- Delaware’s Car Accident Prevention Campaign (March 27th, 2013) Delaware Drivers Beware – Cell Phone Citation Campaign Picks Up in April 2013 Distracted driving is a major cause of car, truck and pedestrian accidents not only in the U.S., but also in Delaware. Whether it’s to dial a phone number or text a short message, using a cell phone when driving causes drivers to take ...
- Texting and Driving in Delaware – Don’t Risk an Accident (March 20th, 2013) Texting and Driving in Delaware – Don’t Risk an Accident In Delaware, it is illegal to use a cell phone when driving without a hands-free device. Delaware is one of thirty states nationwide to ban cell phone use when driving. Whether it’s texting or dialing a cell phone number, putting a cell phone in your hands ...