Delaware Injury & Employment Lawyers
Over $25 Million Recovered
“I truly believe that my son could not have been in better hands.”
60+ Years Combined Experience
Auto Injuries, Employment Discrimination & Traffic/DUI Matters
Over $25 Million Recovered
Delaware Injury & Employment Cases
If you have suffered personal injury in a:
- Car accident or collision,
- Truck collision or accident,
- Accident involving a drunk driver,
- Delaware accident with an uninsured driver which requires a claim on your Delaware uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, or
- Other type of Delaware motor vehicle accident,
If you have suffered serious physical injuries, you need Delaware trial lawyers who will fight your case as if it were their own and get your medical bills and lost wages paid by the insurance company through Delaware No-Fault Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage and in addition to obtaining compensation for your pain and suffering.
From Our Auto Injury Law Library
- Filing an Insurance Claim After a Car Accident in Delaware When You’re Not at Fault – What to Know (October 2, 2017) Free legal info about filing an insurance claim for a car accident in Delaware when you’re not at fault. Info about medical benefits (PIP), property damage and third party liability (car accident lawsuits).
- Delaware Car Insurance Law Changes, Effective December 2017 (August 15, 2017) Effective December 13, 2017, Delaware car insurance limits will be $25,000/$50,000 (up from $15,000/$30,000). This applies to all new policies as of December 13. For existing policies, the new limits will go into effect during renewal periods.
Delaware is an at-will employment State. Unless an employee is covered by an employment contract, Delaware law permits their dismissal without cause and regardless of the motive, unless the facts fit one of the exceptions to the at-will employment doctrine. Our role at Knepper & Stratton is to meet with an employee, listen to the facts, review relevant documents, possibly speak to key witnesses, and then render an opinion as to whether the fact pattern fits one of the exceptions to the at-will employment doctrine. If an employee is covered by an employment contract, we will review the contract and advise the employee whether there are any remedies. We also review severance agreements.
Knepper & Stratton seeks justice for employees who have been harmed by unlawful actions of their employers. We have successfully represented employees in State and Federal Courts and before Administrative agencies in cases involving discrimination and/or retaliation based on age, race, sex, national origin, religion, disability, and sexual orientation. We have also represented Whistleblowers who have been terminated after reporting unlawful conduct and employees who have been wrongfully terminated in retaliation for asserting a Worker’s Compensation claim.
We have litigated cases under Title VII of the Federal Civil Rights Act; the Delaware Discrimination in Employment Act; the Delaware Pregnancy Discrimination Act; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act; The Delaware Persons with Disabilities Employment Protections Act; the Delaware Whistleblowers’ Protection Act; The Americans with Disabilities Act; the Delaware Worker’s Compensation Statute; the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the First Amendment of the United States Constitution; the Family Medical Leave Act; the State and Federal False Claims Act; the Delaware Wage Payment and Collection Act, as well as others.
The Delaware DUI, traffic ticket and criminal defense attorneys of Knepper and Stratton help individuals defend:
- Delaware driving under the influence (DUI) cases,
- Delaware traffic tickets / citations,
- Delaware criminal law defense – felonies,
- Delaware criminal law defense – misdemeanors
JUST ARRESTED ??? Follow 3 steps to improve your chances of a successful defense:
1. DO NOT MAKE ANY STATEMENTS TO THE POLICE OR ANYONE ELSE! Statements made to law enforcement or others can limit your defense. DO NOT fear that you are “not cooperating” by staying silent. You are merely exercising YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS to stay silent and have a lawyer present who is representing YOUR INTERESTS during any questioning in connection with alleged offenses.
2. DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON SOCIAL MEDIA or discuss your case or arrest with anyone. In our modern age, this includes NOT POSTING ON SOCIAL MEDIA any information about your arrest, pending court dates and/or conversations with your attorney. Social media posts are considered speech made “to the world” and CAN BE ADMITTED INTO EVIDENCE AGAINST YOU. If you wouldn’t shout it out in public or in front of the police station, DON’T POST IT! It does not matter that your posts can only be seen by “friends” or “followers.” Law enforcement and other investigators have legal ways of obtaining this information.
3. CONTACT THE CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC DEFENSE LAWYERS OF KNEPPER & STRATTON and talk to an experienced criminal defense trial lawyer for free. The initial consultation is free. We’ll discuss your case and if we have enough information we will give you a fee quote for us to defend you!
CONTACT US NOW
CONTACT US NOW
CONTACT US NOW
*Free consultation for Delaware personal injury or auto injury cases. There is a $375.00 initial consultation fee for employment law matters. No attorney-client relationship is created by use of this contact form. Do not send confidential information until an attorney-client relationship has been formed.
WE REPRESENT PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER DELAWARE AND BEYOND, IN DELAWARE COURTS
We represent clients in all civil and criminal courts in Delaware. The satisfied clients of Knepper & Stratton come to us from all cities and towns in New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County, including Wilmington, Newark, Bear, Claymont, Glasgow, Middletown, Townsend, Smyrna, Dover, Harrington and Milford.
We also help people from Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, New York, North Carolina and New Jersey and many other neighboring states who are injured victims of Delaware accidents. In addition, we have have helped many Delaware accident injury victims who are students at local colleges including the University of Delaware, Delaware Technical & Community College, Goldy Beacom College, Wilmington University, Wesley College and Delaware State College.
If you have been injured in an accident call the knowledgeable Delaware personal injury lawyers and auto accident law attorneys Martin Knepper, Esquire and Barbara H. Stratton, Esquire, in Wilmington, Newark or Dover of Knepper & Stratton at (302) 658-1717 or (302) 736-5500 now, to speak to a lawyer about your legal rights.
REASONABLE CONTINGENT LEGAL FEES FOR MOST ACCIDENT INJURY CASES
Most Delaware auto accident injury cases, Delaware dog bite injury cases, Delaware slip and fall injury cases, Delaware truck accident injury cases, Delaware bus accident injury cases and other Delaware personal injury cases are handled on a contingency fee basis by the experienced Delaware injury law attorneys and lawyers of the Delaware law firm of Knepper & Stratton. What this means is that all attorneys fees are paid at the end of the case as a percentage of the money award or settlement received as a result of the legal representation of the Delaware injury law attorneys and lawyers of Delaware’s Knepper & Stratton. This way you do not have to pay attorneys fees up-front or as you go along and if there is no recovery there are no attorney fees. Call (302) 658-1717 or (302) 736-5500 today to talk to a personal injury lawyer in Wilmington, Dover or Newark.